Monday, June 17, 2013

We're Back! Monday, 17 June

Hi everyone, we're back.  As you know I was away Thursday and Friday and today we had the grade 7 transition activities at Elphinstone (Mr. Pond) and Chatelech (me) so the grade 6s had to endure a third day without me (my poor little chickens).  I will be teaching at Chatelech next year, so it was nice to have some time to connect with Ms. Sproule, the retiring teacher whose position I will be filling.  I will be speaking about my decision to change schools after only one year when I speak at the grade 7 celebration, but please know now that I am leaving with a conflicted heart because I've had a very positive experience at Roberts Creek and have been given wonderful treatment by everyone in our school community.

Tomorrow we will begin to share our passion inquiry projects, so please be ready to shine.  There are a number of announcements that I wish to give out, so here goes:

ALERT...... WE HAVE EXTRA GRAD FUNDS AND WILL BE GOING TO CAMP ELPHINSTONE ON MONDAY JUNE 24 TO PARTICIPATE IN A DAY OF ACTIVITIES HOSTED BY THE SEA TO SKY ENVIRONMENTAL/OUTDOOR SCHOOL

Once again, I'm asking available parents to drive and once again I'm apologizing for the short notice.  Please e-mail me or post a comment to the blog if you can drive (let me know how many students you can carry).  
I also have to ask for $10 to make up the shortfall in funds. THIS IS A DIVISION 1 & 2 FIELD TRIP AND BOTH GRADE 6 AND 7s IN OUR CLASS WILL BE ATTENDING.

NOTE: Payment, consent forms and drivers will have to be settled by Thursday in order for this activity to go forward.

1. Wednesday, June 19: art with Joanna please remember to bring $10 for your art supplies

and Academy Awards after recess.

2. Thursday, June 20th: return of Prussin instruments

3. Thursday, June 20th: track and field celebration in gym at 12:00 pm.

4. Thursday, June 20th: GRADE 7 BANQUET in the gym from 5:00 - 9:00 pm.

5. Friday, June 21st: SPORTS DAY whole school/all day for us(all-beef hot dogs $1.50, veggie dogs $1.50, juice $1.00 - please bring your own cup to reduce waste)

6. Tuesday, June 25th: GRADE 7 LEAVING CEREMONY in the gym from 1:00 - 2:30 pm.

7. Wednesday, June 26th: Celebration Assembly in the gym from 1:00 - 2:30 pm.

8. Thursday, June 27th: last day of school for students - yippee!

PLEASE CHECK AT HOME TO ENSURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY LIBRARY BOOKS OR SCHOOL TEXT BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE RETURNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment