Friday, June 21, 2013

It's Friday: happy summer solstice - 21 June

First, I'd like to thanks all of the parents and students for a wonderful time at the grade 7 banquet last night.  I really enjoyed myself, so much so that I didn't want to leave: what a positive energy you all created.  Thanks to all of the parents who were involved in the long-term planning, but also to the many hands who made it all come together on the actual day.  I know that many of you put in many hours of your time and it is most appreciated.  I enjoyed our conversations and who will ever forget "Dancing Queen?" Sorry for that.

Sorry, also, that I didn't get a post out last night, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it as I scurry to get all of the little jobs done that have to get done.

On Monday we will all meet at the school at 9:00 and then get in the volunteer drivers' vehicles to make our way to Camp Elphinstone.  There is no need for parents to stay at the camp for the day, we have enough adult supervisors scheduled to attend.  Drivers will be asked to meet back at the camp for 2:00 p.m. in order to get the students back to the school in time to catch their regular school busses.  Students are reminded to come prepared:

That means BRING YOUR GO GEAR = big lunch, 1litre water bottle, walking shoes, water shoes/sandals/Crocs, sun protection (hat and sunscreen), bandana, rain gear, and asthma puffer/meds (if necessary).  You might wish to add a towel and extra shorts/t-shirt in a garbage bag just in case your canoe tips - I will be doing so.

Here is the list of drivers - again, we got more than we needed - you are all so supportive of our class: THANK YOU!  It is so easy to plan outings with this group (all forms in, all fees received, and all drivers planned in fewer than three days - outstanding!).

Joan H. = 7 passengers
Lucy J. = 7 passengers
Jenine G. = 6 passengers
Lyne L. = 4 passengers
Me = 3 passengers

Today we had a blast at sports day, and that is all I'm going to say. I've got to proofread my report cards and get them to Ms. Rive for vetting.  I hope everyone has a super weekend as we get ready for the grade 7 leaving ceremony on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment