Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wed., 19 September

Today we started with a talking circle and I was glad to report that Braeden's skateboard had been located.  Next we did a grammar exercise to practice editing run-on sentences (including a group review of the answers).  After recess we did a mini-lesson and a second worksheet: a math exercise on order of operations.  After lunch we finished the math work sheet.  Anyone who didn't finish should complete down to the "try this" section.  Our last task was to start work on the "so-what" paragraph writing for socials.  Thanks, Kassandra, for the smart phone pic.

I was very pleased with everyone's effort today.  We ended the day with some intense elimination tag to get the heart rates up.

Tomorrow in P.E. we will be running in preparation for the Terry Fox Run so please bring running shoes for the next few days.  We'll also be doing some more Run planning/prep work with Division 1.

I'd like to offer to have a one hour parents' information meeting for anyone interested next Wednesday, (September 26).  Because I'm new to Roberts Creek, I'd like to share my philosophical approaches to classroom teaching including a discussion about technology,  communication, and assessment.  I'd also like to create a parents' e-mail contact list and start a discussion to see if parents would like to volunteer to raise funds for potential special events/projects.  I think a 6 p.m. meeting time would be best to allow folks to get home from work and make their way to the school.  I hope to see you all but would ask that you arrange to meet privately at a different time if you'd like to have a more personal discussion about your child's year.

No comments:

Post a Comment